Goals of "Project:

Being just out of high school, there is much I have come to learn in this past year. I have witnessed the corruption of this world around me with new a understanding; a corruption most of us Americans are oblivious to. It surrounds our everyday lives, so well hidden it envelopes everything we know and rely on. My hopes for this page is that it not only draws attention to these issues, but truly gets people thinking on them.



While many of my posts will be strongly opinion-based, I will do my best to back most of it with fact. As a born again Christian, I will also be honoring God, alone. Iwish to both make people smile and open their eyes.



-"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another"- John 13:34, KJB.



Thursday, June 20, 2013

Saggin'?

      Where did it come from? Why is it so popular? I'd love to answer these questions!
      Sagging was actually a jail tradition, signifying homosexual willingness. Prisoners would sag their pants, telling other prisoners that they were a bottom buddy (meaning they were willing to have sex with their other male cell buddies). This let other top buddies know who to look for and who to pick on.
      Why did it become popular? Well, that's not such an easy explanation. Rappers that had previously been locked up more than likely made this their subliminal message. While people in jail, or people that had been in jail, knew what this meant, kids and teenagers had no idea. Like all naive kids mocking their idols, they quickly picked up this bad habit. Not very attractive, hu?
      When I walk down the street, on any given day, It's inevitable to see guys walking around saggin' their pants. I almost don't know whether I should laugh or not, in all honesty. It's gotten to the point where clothing lines are making pants specifically for sagging! Some lines even mask their intentions, putting smaller sizes on bigger pants so that kids unknowingly fall into this trap. It's pretty disturbing looking at third graders under-pants whenever we drive by an elementary school.
      What I do know however, is the obvious. Many parents are aware of this fashion symbolism, yet let their kids walk out of the house like this! Seriously, people??? Your child it ten and flashing himself! I'd even go so far as to say this is terrible parenting!!!!
      If you didn't know what this meant, may I make a suggestion? Buy your kids a new wardrobe. Teachers in schools are very aware of the meaning behind this. Believe me, I have seen kids get picked on by teachers and classmates for this fashion statement. It tells the teacher- "hey, this kids a jerk and I need to watch out for him". When teachers get this first appearance idea, your child will always be wrong and in trouble in the classroom, even if they aren't or don't deserve to be.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment