Goals of "Project:

Being just out of high school, there is much I have come to learn in this past year. I have witnessed the corruption of this world around me with new a understanding; a corruption most of us Americans are oblivious to. It surrounds our everyday lives, so well hidden it envelopes everything we know and rely on. My hopes for this page is that it not only draws attention to these issues, but truly gets people thinking on them.



While many of my posts will be strongly opinion-based, I will do my best to back most of it with fact. As a born again Christian, I will also be honoring God, alone. Iwish to both make people smile and open their eyes.



-"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another"- John 13:34, KJB.



Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Weirdest Visit Ever

      Working in a round table, you can imagine the people I come into contact with. Not that the store is bad or in a bad place, but customer service always means dealing with people. For the most part people that eat there are pleasant, though sometimes grumpy. A smile and warm welcome, along with numerous help offers, usually turns their mood around.
      I was busing tables the other day, working my butt off because a party was about to come in. Some party members were already seated, having a conversation that enticed laughter out of everyone sitting there. Of course, I have such a common worded name, so whenever someone says "rain" I turn to look if they are talking to me. I saw that the man wasn't and continued working, as he continued his story.
      When I turned around to go back to the kitchen, he said "And you- if you were eaves dropping in my f**king conversation i'm going to take your f**king head off". He quickly laughed it off as a joke, and patted me on the back. I simply smiled and walked away. What else was I going to do?
      I later found out from my manager that it was a sobriety "birthday party". It made a lot more sense knowing that, but I still felt a tad bit uncomfortable. I worked to avoid him for the rest of the night, let me tell you.
     What in the world is wrong with people? You'd think in someone else's place of business, you'd maintain some level of morality. Cussing at and threatening employees, whether your all jacked up from drugs or not, is a no no that everyone should be aware of. It's not only common sense, but strictly follows the golden rule. If one of the guys working there heard him say that, i'm more than sure that man would have regretted it. The "joke" was not funny! I'm glad I walked away and he's lucky I did after he put his hand on me after that comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment