Goals of "Project:

Being just out of high school, there is much I have come to learn in this past year. I have witnessed the corruption of this world around me with new a understanding; a corruption most of us Americans are oblivious to. It surrounds our everyday lives, so well hidden it envelopes everything we know and rely on. My hopes for this page is that it not only draws attention to these issues, but truly gets people thinking on them.



While many of my posts will be strongly opinion-based, I will do my best to back most of it with fact. As a born again Christian, I will also be honoring God, alone. Iwish to both make people smile and open their eyes.



-"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another"- John 13:34, KJB.



Sunday, July 14, 2013

Racial Barriers

      I've recently noticed more and more the racial barriers that seem to separate people of the same nation, for no reason at all. Racism has gotten to the point where different races go away of the way to separate THEMSELVES from other races of the U.S.
      Mexicans call themselves Mexican-Americans; Asians call themselves Asian-Americans; Black people call themselves African-Americans. The problem with this, the one that makes me sick to my stomach, is that it degrades them to less than American. America prides itself on being ethnically diverse- so why be degrading to yourself? If you are an american citizen, you ARE American. Even "white" people refer to them this way, an evil I can not begin to describe.
      If you are anything but white, I immediately look at you in a higher regard than white people, though I am white myself. Why? Because I know the way white people are. I do not know anything but living as white, and I know I have it easy. So for anyone who isn't, I see them as stronger than me. I don't face the hardships that come with being of color, so those hardships, to me, are more notable then even the most successful white person.
      All my life iv'e been taught to love everyone, regardless of their skin color. To me, love means not being judgmental. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment